starting in second gear

why bother with first?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota

It’s nice to just send something out into space, so much more vague and abstract (and pleasantly so) than having my thoughts in print, right there, in black and white. Blogs are on the web, which is some ephemeral technology that I don’t fully understand anyway, and can’t really comprehend in the same way that I can’t really comprehend a billion dollars. Meaningless. Therefore I write all kinds of things that I probably would never say or write in real life, because it tickles me and it doesn’t really do any harm anyway because in a few days the entry will be buried in the archives and the three people that have read it will be busy with other things.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Purple Owl


Okay, so, I have to share this wierd dream I had last night. I actually got up to write it down because it was so startling and odd. I don't remember the whole dream - something involving, I think, a theater production and cast of thousands - this is fairly routine stuff for me. My dreams are always filled with complication and intrigue. Spies, too. But anyway, the only thing I really remember is what happened just before I woke up. This is the truth, no exaggeration, I swear it.

I'm eating a carrot, a fairly big one, but still within the normal realms of carrotdom - not a spectacularly large dream carrot. So I take a bit of the carrot and look at the cross-section, and the middle is dark. Yuck, I'm thinking, is the middle rotten? So I take a closer look, and it moves. And a head turns and looks at me, blinking curiously. It is a tiny, purple owl. It does that head-twisting, blinking thing that owls do. And then it shakes its feathers and flies into my ear, where it nests comfortably (for both of us, oddly enough). Then I wake up.

Okay, so now aren't all you people glad I live in seclusion in the woods? It's for your protection, not mine, folks!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

i used to have a knack for interpretting dreams...ummm...you've got me seriously stumped on this one though!!

hoo-hooooo! (or, more likely, coo-koo!) heehee! :)-

ps.
my best guess is that you have a cavity. or maybe you need to listen to yourself and eat more vitamin A? haha...just kidding. maybe the owl is actually a spy?

10:44 PM  
Blogger Seredne said...

I like your dream entry! :-)

That's pretty trippy... perhaps you ate the wrong kind of mushrooms for dinner (or the right kind, I guess, depending on how you look at it).

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home