starting in second gear

why bother with first?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota

It’s nice to just send something out into space, so much more vague and abstract (and pleasantly so) than having my thoughts in print, right there, in black and white. Blogs are on the web, which is some ephemeral technology that I don’t fully understand anyway, and can’t really comprehend in the same way that I can’t really comprehend a billion dollars. Meaningless. Therefore I write all kinds of things that I probably would never say or write in real life, because it tickles me and it doesn’t really do any harm anyway because in a few days the entry will be buried in the archives and the three people that have read it will be busy with other things.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

One Small Step for Toad...

We begin our broadcast day!

Big Toad Lake has moved into the twenty-first century (or thereabouts). After six long years, we finally caved in and got internet. It’s a slow and primitive connection, but it is there, and we are in touch with the rest of the world. Or should I say the invasion has begun? The relative isolation of our home (no internet, television, radio or newspaper) has been breached. The internet, possibly the most insidious of all these (well, television is probably the worst, but anyway), has found its way in. And it’s all my fault. Or rather, my blog’s fault. It’s true. One reason I finally broke down was that, after eight days around the homestead, I began to miss my blog. And other people’s blogs too. And now, from the convenience and privacy of my little home, I can blog away. Bloggity blog blog. See?

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

This makes me very happy. I wasn't looking forward to an Erin-free summer.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Well thank god. I was starting to miss you already too. Actually, internet or not, I DO miss you! ...nonetheless, I'm glad I'll get to read about your adventures at Big Toad Lake. :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Froyd said...

sacre bleu!

7:02 PM  
Blogger erin said...

yay! it makes me happy too.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home