starting in second gear

why bother with first?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota

It’s nice to just send something out into space, so much more vague and abstract (and pleasantly so) than having my thoughts in print, right there, in black and white. Blogs are on the web, which is some ephemeral technology that I don’t fully understand anyway, and can’t really comprehend in the same way that I can’t really comprehend a billion dollars. Meaningless. Therefore I write all kinds of things that I probably would never say or write in real life, because it tickles me and it doesn’t really do any harm anyway because in a few days the entry will be buried in the archives and the three people that have read it will be busy with other things.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Bad Blogger, Bad!

I am a rotten blogger. At first, I felt like I had all kinds of things to say. Now, when I look at this little window, and the Title bar, I go blank. It just doesn't seem like anything I might have to say will be that interesting. Especially since lately, I feel like I do nothing but whine, with really no right to do so. And right now, I think I'm whining about whining, and that's really pathetic. This weekend, I will come up with a plan. A plan for a fresh, new, exciting blog, one with wit and candor, and all that crap. Of course, I will be doing this after I revise seven essays for creative non-fiction, and write a short story. If there is anything left of my brain at that point, I will think about the blog. Of course, my blog may be imminently more interesting after I lose my mind. So there's a plus.

3 Comments:

Blogger Froyd said...

's ok, I forgive you.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Erin, you lost your mind a long time ago(umm, at this moment, I'm thinking of the little people walking on the fence by the lake--ha! that was hilarious and also the moment I decided that I definately liked hanging out with you).

speaking of work and losing one's mind--yeah, I gotta get to work...

9:33 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

(a week later): so far, so good. :)-

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home