starting in second gear

why bother with first?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota

It’s nice to just send something out into space, so much more vague and abstract (and pleasantly so) than having my thoughts in print, right there, in black and white. Blogs are on the web, which is some ephemeral technology that I don’t fully understand anyway, and can’t really comprehend in the same way that I can’t really comprehend a billion dollars. Meaningless. Therefore I write all kinds of things that I probably would never say or write in real life, because it tickles me and it doesn’t really do any harm anyway because in a few days the entry will be buried in the archives and the three people that have read it will be busy with other things.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Stupidhead

Blargh! I'm trying to add some stuff to my sidebar, and it is becoming apparent to me that I am just far too dense for this web crap. Once upon a time, I could do it. But that was probably five years ago, and now I am utterly outdated. And, I think, dumber. I even tried to check my code by looking at Vinny's code, but to no avail (however, I do love to use the word "avail," and that gives me joy, even in the midst of my cursing and head-pounding). To me, mine looks just like his (well, pretty much, just not as fancy). But his is functional, and mine is dysfunctional, or non-functional. All I get are those stupid broken pictures which mean "you did something wrong, but you'll never figure out what." How hard can this be?

Don't answer that.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

IT SUCKETH.
(Sorry, I couldn't keep the trap shut)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

one thing that might be going wrong is that v. uses wordpress and you use blogger. maybe aspen can help you out. she's got to digs on how to do it with blogger (at least i think she does!). or hey--maybe vinny could help you! i don't know what i'd do without such a wonderful computer geek of a husband. :)-

ps.
when someone gets it figured out, let me know. i want it on my blog, too.

12:40 PM  
Blogger v said...

I think the problem is with the image links. The src="" value needs to be a complete path; right now it is relative to your blog.

src="188837523X.01._AA_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg"
doesn't exist.

But src="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/188837523X.01._AA_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg"
does. Somehow the script you're using thinks the images are hosted under your blog address. But they're not-- they're at amazon.

You should send me the script, maybe i can change it for you.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home