starting in second gear

why bother with first?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota

It’s nice to just send something out into space, so much more vague and abstract (and pleasantly so) than having my thoughts in print, right there, in black and white. Blogs are on the web, which is some ephemeral technology that I don’t fully understand anyway, and can’t really comprehend in the same way that I can’t really comprehend a billion dollars. Meaningless. Therefore I write all kinds of things that I probably would never say or write in real life, because it tickles me and it doesn’t really do any harm anyway because in a few days the entry will be buried in the archives and the three people that have read it will be busy with other things.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Okay, We're Back To School

If you need to blame someone, blame Jessie. She told me it was okay to keep talking about this stuff.

In a spectacular show of masochism, I have decided to get my MA before I leave Bemidji State. It has almost just fallen into my lap, and I don't see how I can not do it. So after applications I have that to look forward to, ensuring that, as a newly christened drama queen, I will have plenty of drama to freak out about.

But here's the thing I just realized today. I'm not at all sure that I ever applied for graduate school here. When I started here, I was just taking one class, with no intention of continuing, and so got "special status." Then I got the assistantship, and just started right in (still with no intention of completing a degree).

Today as I started reading over what I needed to do to graduate, it struck me. Hey, did I ever even apply? I don't remember doing the transcript/ recommendation/ application form dance. Hmmm. I guess I can't exactly apply for graduation when I never even applied for admission.

This is a quandry, and it may not be all my fault. How did this slip by everyone? I'm a graduate assistant, for chrissakes. It is a question I will pose to my advisor on the morrow, that's for sure.

And I can't help but laugh. This is the most humor I've gotten in a while. I love irony

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger bee said...

hi, erin!

i came over from jessie's blog because i was intrigued by the little comments about your blog's title...so, yeah, i'm bee. pleased to meet you.

it's funny - i just read through the past few entries and we seem to be going through A LOT of the same things right now. i just had a stress MELTDOWN a couple weeks ago, for one thing, on account of school - and i've been needing to pick up 'kind of blue' by miles davis to work by for a long time. i'm also in this crazy school work-rush where i'm also feeling supercreative, and, even though i have never actually had any, i miss coffee with jessie, too.

it was nice to read a little. you write very well. i like your style a lot.

have a good day...

9:31 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

hey erin, i just wanted to introduce you to bee, too. i mean, i know she just introduced herself...but let's pretend that all three of us show up at the coffee shop at the same time...and then bee walks in...and then, because i know both of you, i can say: "erin, this is bee. bee, this is erin. i think you guys are would really like each other."

yeah, so that's my two cents.

and erin, i'm glad you've decided to take my advice. ;) write on, sister!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

never mind my grammatical errors...i was so excited to have you both in the SAME room i started stuttering!! heehee!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home