starting in second gear

why bother with first?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota

It’s nice to just send something out into space, so much more vague and abstract (and pleasantly so) than having my thoughts in print, right there, in black and white. Blogs are on the web, which is some ephemeral technology that I don’t fully understand anyway, and can’t really comprehend in the same way that I can’t really comprehend a billion dollars. Meaningless. Therefore I write all kinds of things that I probably would never say or write in real life, because it tickles me and it doesn’t really do any harm anyway because in a few days the entry will be buried in the archives and the three people that have read it will be busy with other things.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Knight Rider for President!



So I just woke up from one of those wierd dreams that you have when you wake up and go back to sleep. Those drifing nonsensical dreams. I only remember the end, but it's worth remembering.

I walked through a strip mall parking lot and went to Dunkin Donuts, where they made me pay $12.87 for six donuts. Of course, I couldn't find my wallet, and when I did it was full of change and no bills. But then when I looked again, it was chock full of bills, the smallest of which was a hundred (A lot of my dreams involve confusion regarding money, but you don't have to look deep into my subconscious to know that all that confusion is real). So I paid with the hundred, which had a picture of David Hasselhoff where a president should be (Kitt, I have to break a hundred for donuts). Of course, immediately upon leaving I crossed the parking lot and saw a tiny bakery, just a service window with wooden tables behind it and a Bavarian grandmotherly type working the window, handing out fresh and beautiful baguettes. But when I tried to get one the woman told me they were closed, and pulled a metal grate down over the window. Oh, well, I guess things could be worse. At least I still have donuts.


And I just had to post this picture, because: 1) how can you have too much David Hasselhoff (and his sweet eighties shoes)? and 2) wtf?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Okay, now you have to check out this thing on my friend Emily's blog. It's awful:
http://pics.livejournal.com/thestinkyclub/pic/0000aqz0/g39

3:06 PM  
Blogger erin said...

that is flippin hilarious. oooh, baby!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home