starting in second gear

why bother with first?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota

It’s nice to just send something out into space, so much more vague and abstract (and pleasantly so) than having my thoughts in print, right there, in black and white. Blogs are on the web, which is some ephemeral technology that I don’t fully understand anyway, and can’t really comprehend in the same way that I can’t really comprehend a billion dollars. Meaningless. Therefore I write all kinds of things that I probably would never say or write in real life, because it tickles me and it doesn’t really do any harm anyway because in a few days the entry will be buried in the archives and the three people that have read it will be busy with other things.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

It's a new year, and it's been over a month since I posted to my blog. This can be mainly attributed to my deep-seated slacker nature, but also has to do with my library's policy about blocking blogger.com. Also factor in a trick shoulder with a viral infection, strained tendons, and, well, my deep-seated slacker nature. But I am back, it's a new year and one of my many resolutions is to get my shit together. That may sound a little vague, but believe me, it doesn't have to be specific, since it applies equally to almost every facet of my life (baking being the notable exception - I've been baking bread, scones, and whatnot like a fiend for nearly a month - at least something is getting done, even if its only effect is to create another layer of fat on my body). Oh, but before I do begin to get my shit together, I must take a short break from vacation to go on a weekend cruise. Yes, its true, life is very hard. When I get back, I will regale my faithful blogging-type friends with tales of mayhem aboard a Caribbean cruise with too many female relations and one very ugly beach bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home